Living in Sofia: everything you need to know on how to make Sofia, Bulgaria your home!
Sofia is a beautiful city that is growing and changing every day. A city that is developing as a startup, innovation and creative hub of Central and Eastern Europe. It has constantly improving urban environment, surrounded by mountains, full of parks, gardens and mineral springs and offers a great cultural and nightlife.
To help those who consider settling down and explore business opportunities in Sofia, we just published the first Sofia: Quality of Life guide. In this step-by-step guide, you will find everything you need to know before you move: cost of living, study and work options, weather, leisure, culture and tourism opportunities, as well as how to find a home, how to register a bank account, how to travel across the city and explore Sofia as a local, and even a list of useful words and phrases.
Here are some reasons why living in Sofia sounds like a great idea!
- Expats rank Bulgaria 1st in the world in terms of cost of living.
- Bulgaria ranks 6th in the “Finding Friends” and 7th in the “Feeling at Home” indicators.
- 91% of expats are happy with their costs in Bulgaria.
- Sofia ranks 28th out of over 400 cities and regions worldwide in English proficiency. The most commonly spoken languages are English, German and Russian.
- Sofia ranks 27th of concentration of knowledge-intensive jobs among 278 European regions.
- 10.1 % of the working age population in Sofia is employed in Brain Business Jobs, which is more than twice the national average and higher than the European average 6.3%.
Download Sofia: Quality of Life now!Download